Renters need to read the rules and procedures on this page, the house and pool rules, and then print
out and sign the downloadable form
stating that they understand these rules and will abide by them.
Please send the form to Rich Satkin, 340 West 28th St, Apartment 17F, New York, NY 10001 together with payment of $50 if the rental/use is less than one week, or $100 for every week of the rental/use (i.e. two-week rental = $200) payable to the "Buffalo Colony Corporation." Please email Rich Satkin to let him know that you have sent the form and fee. This fee is waived only for immediate family of cooperators.
- Please introduce yourself to a member of the Board as soon as you
can. Anyone will tell you who they are.
2. Driving and Parking
- The speed limit on the circle road is 5 m.p.h. Watch out for the
many small children playing on or near the road.
- From Memorial Day to Columbus Day, vehicles must be parked ONLY in
one of our two parking areas — not on the circle road, not on
the main road, and not next to the Casino building. Vehicles may be
left for short periods of time in front of a house for the purposes
of loading and unloading.
- No parking on grass.
- When not in use, children's bicycles and toys should be kept off
- Dogs must be kept on a leash on the immediate Buffalo Colony grounds.
- Excrement must be picked up immediately and disposed of.
- Dogs are not permitted in the pool area.
Cooperators and guests are responsible for handling their own garbage.
- Put washed recyclables in the appropriate bins in the recycling
sheds. (See recycling rules.) Bear in mind
that the Buffalo Colony risks heavy fines if recycling is not done
- General garbage should be tied in large plastic bags and placed
in the dumpster.
- We do not handle bulk refuse (furniture, lumber, etc.) Please take
back to the city or to the town dump in Monticello, or make a private
arrangement with the caretaker.
- Avoid littering, Please pick up after your children if you know
they are littering.
- See swimming pool rules. Failure to abide
by these rules may result in an individual's losing use of the swimming
and Volleyball Courts
- Hours of use: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- The casino is open to all to use. Clean up after use and remember
to close the door and turn off the lights.